Thursday, May 30, 2013

Are You There God? It's Me, Sweathead

A 5 mile run at 8:45 in the morning.  I thought I would beat the heat.  Uh-uh.  The entire run I was praying to myself, "Please God, let it be 35 degrees on June 23.  Amen."  Let's see if He comes through.  If my prayer is not answered, well, I don't think I need to explain what that means (But if I did,  June 23 + heat = Atheism).






So now that I have blasphemed, not only will it be 137 degrees on June 23, but I will probably get struck by heat lightning...after being hunted by wolves...because I had to go to the bathroom in the woods...  These kinds of things happen to blasphemous Catholic school alumnae.  Who run.

2 comments:

  1. Being an non-religious, Buddhism admiring, secular humanist, my advice is to take the heat situation into your own hands. I would get one of those cooling bandannas. I've used one over the past two runs and I definitely feel the difference. Whether it will remain cold through a run longer than 6.5 miles is another story. But I will surely bring it to my 5K on the 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join the 15th Annual Team Spirit Long Beach 5k and 10K marathon and help put an end to breast and ovarian cancer today! The Team Spirit Long Beach 5k and 10K marathon is going 15 years strong. To celebrate, were giving away a silk tie and silk scarf to the first 15 people who raise $1,500. Create a team and start fundraising!

    ReplyDelete