Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tomorrow, Wendy...

Well, life happened this afternoon, instead of my run.  Pete got home from work early enough, but he was tired and napped, the neighborhood kids were playing in our backyard, Santos had his first t-ball game and practice early which meant dinner needed to be cooked and eaten earlier, blah, blah, blah no run.  On the plus side, I signed up for the Mother's Day 10k in Prospect Park and I went to see Iron Man 3 with Santos and an old friend.  Fun movie!!

Rain showers and a morning event in my 3 year old's school which means an early run tomorrow.  I have to get it in or I'll miss out again.  Can't forfeit two consecutive scheduled running days.  All work and no run makes Mama unhappy (and Jack dull).

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're getting your Mother's Day wish. I wonder what my wife would say if I told her I was giving her a 10K for Mother's Day. Not that she isn't active, she runs on the treadmill every day for 45 minutes. Maybe she should write a blog called "She is IN Running."

    : )

    BTW - Do you usually take a day or two off before a race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't take off for races, unless it's a half or full marathon. I'll just do a light run the day before to keep my legs limber. What about you?

      Delete
    2. I usually take two days off before a race. It may be overkill, but it works for me psychologically. I made the mistake once doing a moderately challenging trail run the day before the Dirty Sock 10K, and I regretted that during the race.

      Delete