Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Race Is On

My regular 5 mile route this morning.  It was overcast, but definitely warmer than the last couple of days.

I am signed up for the Long Beach City Manager's 10 Mile Trophy Run on Sunday, May 26th.!  Yay!  I don't think I'm going to be as fast as last year, but I'm psyched to be there with my buddy, "The Nun".  Whoo hoo!

Before Hurricane Sandy, the boardwalk in Long Beach looked like this:


After the hurricane, it looked like this:


Back in February, the Long Beach Snowflake 4 Mile run was diverted from the boardwalk because it was still in disrepair.  I'm not sure of the condition today.  4 miles of the 10 mile race is usually on the boardwalk.  I hope it's back up for the sake of the residents.  Beach season is upon us and I would hate to see the town and the local businesses suffer yet another loss.  



1 comment: