Monday, May 6, 2013

A Perfect Mother's Day Gift

I took yesterday off.  Apparently, I was so tired from the 10+ miler (and two Communion parties) the day before, I actually passed out and napped in the car during my eldest's soccer game that evening.

I did an easy, slow 5 miles this morning at 9.  It was in the mid 50s.  The temperature has been downright chilly the past few days.  Tomorrow is speed work.  I have plans to see a friend in the evening, so I have to either find a track in the middle of the day or do a little schedule juggling.

According to my Hal Higdon Half Marathon plan, I am supposed to run a 10k race on Sunday.  I found only two in the area.  One is the New York Road Runners' Healthy Kidney 10k in Central Park on Saturday.  It sounds like fun, but getting to and from the park on a travel soccer Saturday is too stressful and unrealistic.  The other 10k is in Prospect Park on Sunday, Mother's Day at 8:50am.  This race is one of the many events at the park that morning, including a duathlon, a 5k, and some other sporty things I can't remember off the top of my head.  Santos has a soccer game around 11am.  I think I could swing this.  The entrance fee is $35.00 which is a little pricey.  I will discuss it with Pete.  Despite his recent unfortunate and relentless bout with PMS, he may be okay with watching his kids for a couple of hours that morning since it is Mother's Day.  If they ask me what I want for the occasion, I'll say, "A 10k."  Interesting gift, but I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great mom! Of course you deserve to take a hike! Happy Mother's Day . So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete