Sunday, March 3, 2013

Zombies Are the New Black

I went out and did a 3.4 mile loop, then I picked up Baby Girl and pushed her in the jogger stroller for an additional 5 miles.  I thought she would fall asleep, but the ride was a tad bumpy.  Oh, and the last thing she wants to do these days is nap.  She's 18 months going on 18 years.  I try to explain to her that napping will help her grow and make her less cranky by the end of the day.  She pretends like she doesn't understand and laughs at me.  I wound up doing 8.3 total which was a happy surprise because I thought I only ran 7.4ish.

The Walking Dead was on tonight.  It's a gory, poorly written, poorly acted zombie apocalypse series that I can't bring myself to miss.    Even though I either despise or am indifferent toward most of the characters (I'm talking about the living characters, the dead ones are much more likeable), I have been watching since the premiere and must find out what happens next each week.  I'm not the only one intrigued by these ghouls, as Pete constantly insists.  Zombies are the new black.  There are zombie movies with big movie stars coming out every other week, zombie books and comics, zombie t-shirts and bumper stickers, zombie dolls, etc.  There are even zombie races all across the country!  You can run a 5k while cannibal corpses chase you.  I would imagine there is a lot of PRing going on in these races.  First of all, I hate being chased.  It reminds me of when we were little and my brother would chase me up the stairs while trying to grab my legs - ahhhh.  In a zombie 5k, it's not your sibling (someone who has known you since babyhood) at your heels, but a complete stranger covered in "fake" blood and stinking of "rotten meat".  Of course, it's just an amateur actor or a race volunteer...or is it?  I'll pass on the theme race, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment