Sunday, March 24, 2013

Under Pressure

Another run on the dreadmill.  4.25 miles in 35:39, an 8:23 pace.  We were at a hotel in Charleston, South Carolina (which is not next door to Southern Pines, North Carolina, by the way) this time.  The dreadmill in their exercise room was very basic.  No frills.  No TV attached.  There was a mirrored wall in front of me.  So that's what I look like when I'm hanging on by a thread having fun!  I was going to run 5 miles, but we had to check out and I knew Pete was most likely annoyed because he was annoyed the day before.  Not fun running under pressure.  Now I'm annoyed just thinking about him being annoyed because I'm running and he's with the kids who are also likely annoying him, thus mounting a great deal of undue pressure upon me.  (sigh)




5 comments:

  1. That's like when I have a two hour window before work - I know I have to be somewhere but I REALLY want to get a run in. Pressure puts a choke hold on everything. Yay for weekends and the long run~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a universal experience. My pressure point used to be wedging in my run within the short period I had before leaving for the morning train. But now there's new obligations and my weekend mornings are usually dedicated to getting the kids to various places. One the plus side, I sometimes do training runs faster than normal because I'm pressured to get home quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give you a lot of credit for getting those runs in before the rooster crows. I think that might be my life in the coming months on my new training program. Not sure if I can beat the crowing rooster, but certainly before the cows come home.

      Delete
  3. I hate running on treadmills yet I keep contiplating buying one to deal with the unpredictable and extremely long winters in Massachusetts!! I just can't do it!!

    ReplyDelete