Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Giulia's Kitchen


5 miles this morning in 35 degrees.  It was slow going.  One of those lead leg days.  Roadkill free, however.  There's always a bright side.

Yesterday, ING Nation on Facebook asked who everyone's favorite running blogger was.  Yes, I shamelessly plugged.  I also discovered the T-Rex Runner.   She's a 26 year old Marathon Maniac from the south (Carolina?).  I love her sense of humor and she is so painfully honest I came close to bawling while reading some of her posts.  I added her to my daily reading.  

Speaking of shameless plugs...we had dinner tonight at my cousin's new restaurant in Cliffside Park, New Jersey.  He is an amazing chef.  You should know he was born and raised in Italy.  This automatically makes him better at food (that's what I call "good prejudice/racism", although not exactly racism in that instance.  A better example of "good racism" is "all Asians are smart".  I never understood why Asians took offense to this.  I am Asian and I not only welcome this stereotype, but I house it, feed it, nurture it,  and watch it grow up to be a big, successful racist stereotype).    Uh, back to my cousin's restaurant - he was cooking haute cuisine (don't really know what it means, but it sounds fancy and his food tasted fancy, so there it is) for his daughter's birthday parties and Thanksgiving.  It was inevitable that he would one day open his own place.  Tonight was Friends and Family night (a term I only associated with retail.  How awesome that he applied it to the restaurant?).  We had fried calamari, rice balls, mussels, baked spaghetti, vegetable stew with risotto, and the most delicious homemade cinnamon ice cream to finish.  If you're ever in the area, definitely check out Giulia's Kitchen.  It will be worth your while.

Vegetable stew with grilled risotto


Mussels


To answer your question:  Yes, I have A.D.D.







No comments:

Post a Comment