Monday, April 15, 2013

Nowhere To Run To

I did 5 slow miles this morning in 51 degrees.  It was windy again.  My new 5 mile route is starting to get old.  My town is kind of small, but surrounded by a lot of busy roads.  There really isn't a big variety of interesting running routes.  I prefer running up north (No big secret, right?) because it is larger by square miles, the streets are winding and quieter, and those motherlovin' hills.  One interesting note though, there are a hell of a lot more runners here than there.  On any given day, I see at least 4 or 5 people pounding the pavement.  In Manhasset, I see maybe one runner 1 out of 10 runs.  Growing up I would see more people out there.  I think when they found out I moved, they all just gave up.  I mean, what's the point anymore?  The one runner I see didn't get the memo.




No comments:

Post a Comment