Monday, April 29, 2013

Late To Bed, Early To Rise...

I regularly go to sleep after midnight.  I've always been a night owl.  After the kids are settled in, it's my time to unwind.  I like to watch TV, work on the computer (Blog, anyone?), read, talk to friends, etc.  This past week, I've also been waking up early, like before 6am.  Once I'm up, it's almost impossible for me to go back to sleep, as much as I'd like to.  This prolonged lack of sleep has not been helping my runs.  I went out this morning at 7:10 for a five miler, even though I slept about 3-4 hours.  It was surprisingly comfortable, yet uneventful.  It was a damp 54 degrees.  I took a couple of cat naps in the afternoon, which is highly unusual for me.  I am not a napper, unless I'm sick or desperate (like today).  Hopefully, I'll get back to my normal schedule.  I like sleep.  A lot.  I dislike being tired and sluggish throughout the day, particularly during my runs.

For the past week, I've been experiencing some dull little aches and pains in my legs while lying in bed.  They feel almost like growing pains, but I'm pretty sure I'm past that stage.  Am I already experiencing shrinking pains?  Is there such a thing?  Is this what happens when you get older?  This week's People magazine is all about beautiful women of all ages.  There's a picture of Jane Fonda in a very form fitting revealing gown.  She is 75 years old, but her body still looks like that of a 25 year old.  That's not such a bad future, but does she feel aches and pains?  I feel good and limber during most of my runs, but throughout the day, I sometimes limp around like a real 75 year old (Not the Hollywood version).



Is there a workout tape to match your 75 year old face with your 25 year old body?  (I'm not trying to be mean to Ms. Fonda, but let's get real...)




No comments:

Post a Comment