Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kites Rise Highest Against the Wind, Not With It. -Winston Churchill

Churchill, obviously, was a quack.

Today I ran for 90 minutes as per the Higdon training schedule.  I did my usual longer loop and a half.  Although the temperature was milder than it had been since we returned from our prison sentence vacation, the headwind at the beginning of the run was strong.  I looked forward to the turn around when the wind would be at my back.  Instead, it magically died down until the next turn around when it resumed pushing me backward as I tried to go forward.  I didn't have a ton of energy today (A combination of wind and residual fatigue from Crazy Teeny-Bopping Dance Off Night?) I would have been perfectly happy to quit if someone had asked.  No one asked.  I ended up running 10.7 miles in the hour and a half, an 8:24 pace.

I'm supposed to run a 5k on April 21 (Higdon says so!).  There's an Earth Run in Garden City and another one in Woodmere.  I haven't decided which one yet.  I'm leaning toward the Earth Run because it's for a good cause.




1 comment:

  1. That's one of my goals, 10 miles in 90 minutes.
    When is this wind going to end?

    ReplyDelete