Saturday, February 9, 2013

Winter Wonderland



Nemo left about 12 inches of snow by the morning.  I wore my Yak Trax for the first time and set out on a 5+ mile run at around 1:30pm.  It was a comfortable 30 degrees.  Most of the run was on concrete, but when I hit icy or snowy patches, I was glad to have them on.  I'm not sure if running on the concrete will ruin them.  It was tricky navigating the huge puddles on the streets at each corner and there were more than a few people who didn't shovel their sidewalks (tsk tsk).  My sneakers were pretty soaked by the time I got home.  Overall, it was a great run.  The white backdrop was a breath of fresh air (check back next week when it's black slush and I'm cursing all things winter) and the temperature was perfect.  No iPhone, but this song seemed a propos.


Sno Haus, the local ski shop, is having a huge sale this weekend.  Up to 80% off.  I got new snow pants for $117 (marked down from $135) and a new black Bonfire jacket for $120 (originally $239).  I do love a good deal!




Fun secret pockets


No comments:

Post a Comment