Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cock-a-doodle-gross

3.91 miles in 30:10, 27 degrees.



I may finally get to use my Yaktrax this weekend.  We're expecting 12-18 inches of snow starting tomorrow evening.  Blizzard conditions.  I am very happy my 10k wasn't this Saturday.  More snow on Valentine's Day too.

My knees have been feeling a little funny the past few weeks.  Today I can feel the same sac of liquid above my left knee that was there a few months ago.  I will try icing it later.  I'm not a big fan of icing because well, I don't like to be cold.  I really don't want to go back to the orthopedist again, though.  I had knee problems post Baltimore marathon.  It got to the point where I was shuffling around like a 90 year old.  I went to the doctor and he gave me a choice.  He could treat my knee with the red flap of skin on top of a rooster's head (um...whuh?).  Rub it on my knee?  Make me eat it?  Seriously?  Bleccch.   Is there a farm for these "castrated" roosters?   Awful.  I mean who came up with this remedy?  Was Farmer Joe sitting around with an inflamed knee when his favorite rooster sidled up to him and started rubbing his head against it?  "Hmmm, that feels good!"  The next thing you know there are a bunch of bald, bachelor roosters (because what chicken in her right mind would want to be seen with a bird  like that?)  aimlessly roaming the coops.  The other option was a direct cortisone shot.  I got the shot.  It hurt, but less traumatizing than fiddling with a rooster extremity.  The next day my knee felt brand new, better than rooster cooties, but still not ideal.  Ice it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment