Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February Race Is On

I signed up for the Long Beach Snowflake 4 Mile Race this Saturday.  Long Beach is even flatter than My Town, if that's possible.  If the map I looked up is correct, none of the race is on the boardwalk.  Thank you!  Hey, I love the beach as much as the next person, but running on boardwalks can get pretty tiresome pretty quickly.  And windy.  Right now the forecast is 38-40 degrees with a 70% chance of rain.  Hopefully, the rain won't start until later.  I will get my race on for the month of February!

I'm going to send a letter to Mr. Jim Morris, Bearer of Bad News from the Wampanoag Runners Club, to plead my case for a race shirt.  I don't really need any more race shirts (my Target running "dresser" is overflowing), but it's the principle.  Dammit.  Janet.

Midday 6.35 miles in a windy 34 degrees.  I actually had to remove large debris (recycling bins) from the road so cars wouldn't swerve to avoid the debris and hit the runner, me.  Felt great throughout.  Maybe those 2 days on the dreadmill weren't really that dreadful, after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment