Tuesday, February 5, 2013

5 And (Maybe Not) 10

Another day off yesterday.  I don't like taking two days off in a row, but it was too complicated to work out the runs with Pete gone.  I was able to catch up on much needed sleep though.

I did 5 miles this morning in 28 degrees (he's back).  There was light snow again last night.  I took it slow (the more consecutive days I take off, the stiffer I feel) and enjoyed the beautiful morning.  I was thinking that I might not be ready for this 10 miler in two weeks.  My mileage has been somewhat low and I haven't run 10 miles since January 5 - yikes!  The 10 miler I ran last year in Long Beach was right off of a half marathon.  I PR'd and felt great.  I don't see this being a repeat performance.


I'm looking for a March race.  We will be driving down to Florida (Oh Lordy).  I found a 5k in Charleston on the way down and one on Hilton Head Island Easter Saturday.

And yes, Blog did have another makeover.  Thank you for noticing.  I tried to add some photos, but apparently Hawaiian palm trees and the Pacific Ocean were inappropriate for a NYC Marathon themed blog.  Whatever.  Until I figure out how to resize my Brooklyn Bridge photo, this is what we have.  I like it.  Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment