Thursday, February 21, 2013

What's a walkman?

5.2 miles in 30 degrees at 8am.  My iPhone started playing the same songs as yesterday, but in reverse order.  I'm still not used to using it as a walkman.  That's right, I said it!  I still use that term to describe any portable music device with a delivery system to the ears, or as I like to call them, "headphones".  My 11 year old just looks at me funny when I say "walkman".  I remember running with my chunky, bright yellow Sony walkman and fumbling it often because it was so big and awkward to hold, even with that strap.  All I needed were my new wave mixed tapes and I was set.  I do think the iPod was one of the greatest inventions of the 21st century.  They're so lightweight in comparison to my old school Sony.  And downloading almost any obscure one-hit-wonder?  Fantastic!  But,  I also can't help being nostalgic once in a while.


And how a propos that my last song today was...



No comments:

Post a Comment