Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dog Lane



8.29 miles in 40 degrees.  It started out overcast, but then the sun crept out at the end.  In the first mile I had to cross the street to avoid a giant dead (or was it?) possum.  Thank God I wore my contact lenses.  I was going to run partially blind without them because my pink eye was still going strong.  I surely would have stepped on the possum or be haunted by the closeup sight of it.  The distance felt good, but my toe bones started to ache.  That's happened a couple of times in the past.    I'm not sure what the diagnosis for achy toe bones is, but it passes.

I saw five dogs, three of which are worth mentioning, on one block in the next town over.  The first was an ADORABLE pit puppy (yep, I don't hate pits.  I actually think as puppies, they're the cutest dogs out there.  I just don't like it when they, or any breed, form gangs and roam the streets looking for human chew toys).  The pup was so cute I had no choice but to do a stop and pet.  Next I saw a beautiful white German shepherd.  A minute later I saw a man brushing his old golden retriever mix on the front step of their house.  The dog was patiently standing there during the primping.  She seemed to love the attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment