Friday, February 15, 2013

Reeva Steenkamp

I did a 30 minute tempo run on a 45 degree sunny morning.  I did not get mauled by the two wanted pit bulls.  I did see a cute black lab puppy.  After two consecutive days off, my legs felt like they were dragging for the first ten minutes until I got into my groove.  I'm looking forward to the long weekend!  Snow is in the forecast.


Reeva Steenkamp

Oscar Pistorius was arrested for murdering his girlfriend, South African model, Reeva Steenkamp in Pretoria.  Pistorius had both of his legs amputated from the knees down as a baby due to a congenital condition.  He is a runner who competed in the 400 meter track event at the London Olympics.  His participation drew some controversy over whether his prostheses gave him an unfair advantage (I happen to think so).  Authorities say he is no stranger to domestic violence.  Not only was his girlfriend a beautiful model, but she also was outspoken on the issue of violence against women.  There are a few places on this planet with which I feel a soul connection.  They are New York City, Italy, and South Africa.  I was fortunate enough to spend some time in Capetown and safari at Mala Mala in 1996.  It is an absolutely beautiful country with people who are as diverse as they are amazing.  So sorry about this unnecessary tragedy.




No comments:

Post a Comment