Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rock the Vote

Instead of running my 8 miles yesterday morning, I took 3 out of my 4 kids to a Catholic school in Glen Cove at 7:00am to film a campaign commercial for Tom Suozzi, a local politician running for County Executive.  My other freighbor is running for County Clerk and offered up this fun opportunity for the kids.  I guess it was fun.  I sat in a hot classroom for 7 hours picking from the carbopalooza buffet they put out for us.  Afterwards, I was so pumped to grab my grande decaf skinny mocha from the Starbucks on the way home, I totally forgot that Starbucks + running + Me = Disaster until it was too late.  Even if I waited 6 hours, I still would experience a mid-run bathroom emergency.  I decided to forego running that evening.

This morning I was safe.  I ran my 8 mile loop with 10 x 100 intervals at 6:45am.

"Watch for my new TV spot with the awesomest kids on Long Island!"

No comments:

Post a Comment