Monday, July 8, 2013

25 Minutes Late and A Mile Short

I woke up at 6:25 instead of 6 because my cell phone died overnight.  I've had it for less than a year, is the battery on its last legs already?  A dead battery meant no music and no Map My Run, but I didn't think it would be a big deal.  I had my watch and could kind of guesstimate my mileage from my time.

I parked at the Manhasset train station and set out for my "15" miler.  I did a double loop of South Strathmore with another stop at Christopher Morley Park.  I went through Munsey Park back to the train station for refueling at around Mile 9.  I finished up through Plandome and Flower Hill.  The temperature was 86.  My pace was 9:19, but the hills felt easier this time around.  When I got home on the computer, I discovered my calculations were apparently wrong and I wound up 1.1 miles short.  I checked and rechecked.  Where could that lost mile have gone?  Apparently, nowhere since it didn't exist.  I was a little obsessive about losing that mile for a little bit, but got over it.  I'm okay now.  I think.








No comments:

Post a Comment