Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Road to the Marathon is Paved With Good Intentions

...meaning, my run didn't happen today.  I set my alarm for 7, then rationalized that I didn't have enough time to run 6-7 miles and get myself and 2 children ready to leave the house by 10 for Sav's music festival.   Realistically, there probably would have been enough time, but who wants to stress out unnecessarily...on a Sunday?  ...so I slept another hour.  We went to the festival and then out to lunch afterwards.  Eating ending approximately 3pm.  I figured I could run around 5.  I came home and got in my running outift.  At 4:47 it was already getting dark.   I'm not a fan of running in the dark for these reasons: 1)  Can't see potholes, 2) Can't see debris, such as rocks, sticks, leaves, dead animal carcasses (shiver), garbage, etc.,  3) Cars have a tough enough time not running me over in the daylight, 4)  Live animals, such as raccoons, possums, bats, cats, werewolves, etc., and last 5) Predators of the human persuasion (actually, not a real issue here, but I felt like it should be).  Ergo, no run today.  My biggest annoyance is the waste of a completely good running outfit.  Luckily, no one saw me since I've been home so it can be recycled for tomorrow.

I joined GLIRC (Greater Long Island Running Club) last night online.  They have monthly meetings (3rd Tuesday of every month...except this month - the month I join), they send you a magazine with all the members' race results, and you get discounts on certain races.   I couldn't sign in on the website as a member after joining.  Not sure what changed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment