Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Psychic Tuesday

5 miles, 43 degrees, cool and damp at 3pm.  I got away with shorts, but if it were one degree cooler I think I would have been uncomfortable.  Bathroom break at the rec center.   I need to stop that nonsense before it becomes a habit again.


MMT, her sister, Yvette, their mom, and I had a dinner reading with my favorite psychic, Adam Bernstein, at this yummy restaurant in Wantagh called Toro Pazzo (don't let the bull turn you off).  He gave me the thumbs up for a 2014 NYC Marathon...

I saw the picture below on the And So It Burns  blog (a fast Massachusetts runner with very honest, inspirational, and sometimes emotional race reports)  that I started following.  It made me laugh because this is exactly what happened to me when I was vacationing in Hawaii this past summer.  It was my first morning on the Big Island and I went out for a run.  Within the first mile I passed another runner who very casually high-fived me and kept going.  It was the first (and last) time someone had ever done that to me. I am pretty sure I know why he did it too.  I think he was feeling the exact same thing I was feeling, "I am running in Hawaii!  This is fucking awesome!!!  Hey, there's someone else running in Hawaii!  Isn't it fucking awesome???"


No comments:

Post a Comment