Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy National Running Day!

In honor of National Running Day I ate homemade macaroni salad and chocolate cake!  Mmm...starchy carbs!  I also ran 5 miles in the morning, like yesterday and like I will do again tomorrow.  Today was a 4 X 1600 day again.  One mile run at half marathon pace 4 times with a 2:30 jog in between each.  My Higdon half marathon plan ends on Sunday.  I start the Pfitzinger Advanced Marathon training program on Monday, which happens to be a rest day. There are actually more rest days on the Pfitz schedule than Higdon.  The daily miles are longer, but there are many weeks with two days off and a couple with possibly three!  Whoo hoo!  I'm soooo tired of my boring routes.  I'm looking forward to switching it up.

I can't wait for National Lie In Bed Watching Uninterrupted Lifetime Movies All Day Day!  Unfortunately, I think it falls on the same day as Never Gonna Happen or My 65th Birthday (sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment