Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fingers Crossed!

I set out to do 9 miles this morning.  The weather was perfect, mid 70s with a slight breeze.  I was a little stiff starting out from my tempo run yesterday.      I took a new route to the south side of town into Oceanside.  It was a relief to have a change of scenery and it broke up the run nicely.  Because I took an unplanned mini-detour, I wound up doing 9.4 miles total.  I felt good and even had a second wind in the last couple of miles.  I switched days from tomorrow because there's rain in the forecast (Shocking, I know.  It's not like we haven't had pouring rain all spring.).  I won't have a run until my 4 miler on Saturday, which is fine.  I've already clocked 31 miles for the week and it's only Wednesday.

I don't even want to jinx myself, but I feel like I should mention it.  My right knee has been feeling a little funny lately.  I'm not limping, but it feels like I may start any day now.  I think it's inflamed.  I'm going to ice it tonight.  (Sigh)

Oh, I'm going to try to make a real effort to incorporate more pictures in this blog.  I realize that the blogs I'm reading and finding most interesting are the ones with lots of pictures, particularly ones of the bloggers themselves.  So, since I didn't take any running pictures today (because I only came up with the vow to photograph more just now), I will share a picture of myself right now blogging!  Yes, I know.  You can't contain yourself.

Me making the magic.  (There are so many interesting aspects to this picture,  from my koala baby nightgown to the small feet sticking out from beneath the Star Wars pillow to the fact that I actually posted this on my blog.)


If you have any advice on how to nip the knee issue in the bud, please feel free to advise!  Or if you have any picture requests, please request!  I, obviously, don't have a lot of great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment