Saturday, September 21, 2013

Flip Flopper No More

I went out yesterday with the intention of completing 11 miles.  My ridiculous toes ached for over 4 miles and that's when I reluctantly called it quits.  I was able to get an appointment with a local podiatrist immediately.  He x-rayed my foot.  Apparently, I sprained my toes.  I need to tape them, ice them, and stop wearing flip flops every day (what?!?!  I'm not sure if I own any other types of non-running shoes).  I took today off to give them a little recovery time.  My last 20 is tomorrow.


Rainbow nails, you ask?  Why, yes!  A friend painted her toenails in a lovely rainbow pattern and shortly after she PRd in a 10k.  Every little bit helps, right?  So I did the same before my half marathon.  Coincidence?

Boston, you ask?  Registration is closed.  I'm still waiting.  Their web site states that they'll be sending out emails on Wednesday, September 25.  I'm not sure if I'll last that long.  I've been checking my emails hourly for a week already!  Fingers are still crossed!  Toes...not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment