Thursday, July 9, 2015

She Is Out Running Happy!


I admit it.  I might have a problem.  I have a lot of sneakers (9 or 10...or 12 pairs?  Who's counting, though?).  One might say, it was an addiction.  To be fair, I'm only running in two pairs these days, my Hoka Cliftons for my easy days and my Adidas Glide Boosts for my speed and tempo workouts.  While in Newport, the family and The Nun did a little shopping at the Navy Exchange.  50% off clearance items, the sign said.  I only looked at the kids shoes (for my kids, not me), until The Nun handed me the box (See?  It's her fault!).  Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14 in my size (My REAL adult size, not a translated children's size).  I don't need new shoes, I thought.  I just got my Hokas a little over a month ago (and I almost completely forgot my Emergency Sneakers!).  They're probably ugly...oh, white with pretty pink accents?!  They're probably expensive, even with the discount.  $15??!!  Fine, dammit!! How can I say no?  Upon further inspection, I noticed a small yellow stain next to the laces, likely the reason for the major discount.  Could I live with this stain?  Absolutely.  I mentally tried to picture where the OxyClean was back at home.  Needless to say, I am now a proud owner of a pair of Brooks (My very first pair!).  I ran happy with them just the other day for an easy 6 (Actually, almost ecstatic).

7 comments:

  1. Those shoes are lame. I'm sorry, I meant you're lame.

    Actually, the Brooks Adrenalins are my second favorite running shoe ever (original Kinvaras were the embodiment of god in a running shoe). You will love the 14's. Adrenalins get better with age. I got over 700 miles out of my GTS 9s and over 1,000 miles on my 10's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, I take that as a compliment, Grandpa! One grandpa's "lame" is another cool person's "AWESOME!"

      Delete
  2. True. I can't keep up with you C-span party hardies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You have a high arch just like me! I think I'm a convert! Which ones are your favorite?

      Delete
    2. You know that the Adrenalins are stability shoes geared to medium and low arch runners, right?

      Delete
    3. No, I did not know that. They felt great on my high arch feet.

      Delete