Friday, February 28, 2014

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Tuesday
I ran 6.18 miles with 6x100m strides on the treadmill in 54:15, an 8:47 pace.  I was scheduled to run 7 miles, but I was pressed for time (as usual...).  I dropped my eldest off at soccer and had exactly an hour to get to the gym, run, and get back to pick her up.  

Wednesday
I ran 11 miles with 7 miles at half marathon pace (7:47) on the treadmill.   I thought it would be dreadfully boring, but I broke the run up.  The first two miles I ran at an easy 9:05 pace, the next seven at 7:47, and then the last two at 9:05 again.  By focusing more on the pace rather than the distance,  the workout was fun and interactive.  I finished in 1:30:08,  an 8:11 pace.

Thursday
Regular Day Off.  I cross trained by getting a 3.5 hour haircut.  Seriously.  I thought women spending hours at the hair salon was either an urban legend or a cover for something more sinister (ex., extreme shopping,  a binge fest at Starbucks, getting a room at a motel to watch Golden Girls reruns and nap...........)  

....................what?!?  Oh sorry, I was daydreaming.  Where was I?  Yeah, so my appointment was at 5:30 and I didn't leave the salon until 9 at night.  I was hungry, dazed, and confused, but I love my new 'do.  Let's hope I can continue the love fest tomorrow when I have to do it myself.  Usually, my hair routine consists of washing it and then putting it in a bun.  On "special" occasions, I might actually blow dry it, but even in -10 degrees, I'll still leave the house with a wet head.

Friday
I ran 6 miles at 9am in 16 degrees.  The cold, crisp air actually felt good.  I didn't time the run, but it was around 55 minutes.  I came home so Pete could go to work, then the baby and I went to the gym where I ran another 6 on the treadmill at about a 9 minute pace.  Still love the hair, but it's obvious I cannot style it properly.  I think I need to buy some product.

So far, I've been pretty good with my training schedule.  This is the first week in a long time that I didn't skip or switch a run.  My second twenty miler is Sunday.  Wish me luck!

Apparently, I'm having a blast!  
Maybe because I've been away from
home, alone, for 
hoooouuuuuurs?

The day after.
(Yes, that's a naked Barbie doll on
the rice cooker in the background)

How is your hair?  Do you put a lot of time into it on a daily basis?  




3 comments:

  1. That is the hairstyle of a champion! Very aerodynamic. I'm betting that your 3.5 hours in the salon chair will perfectly match your Boston finish time. Great training this week. You are a treadmill zen master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be nice (Boston)? How are you feeling? Hopefully, better in time to enjoy the snow storm Sunday night. Mrs. ER needs to fine tune her shoveling moves.

      Delete
    2. I'm feeling MUCH better thanks. Maybe I'll get an easy run in tomorrow. I might even help Mrs. ER with the shoveling. What I mean by that is I will bring her cocoa if it isn't too cold outside.

      Delete