Wednesday, March 4, 2015

F*@k You, NYC Marathon! (Just Kidding) (A Little)

Thwarted once again from running the New York City Marathon.  This is my third non-consecutive attempt through their total bullshit (no, I'm not bitter!) lottery system.  Other than wanting to run through the greatest city on Earth, this year the marathon falls on my birthday. What better way to spend a birthday than to have one million spectators cheering for you (wow, that sounds kind of needy and pathetic)?  Well, it wasn't meant to be this year.  Perhaps Mary Wittenberg hates me?  Maybe the last time I was rejected and talked a bunch of smack about the New York Road Runners got back to her.  Maybe I shouldn't keep boasting about Boston being the best marathon ever.  Whatever the inexcusable, spiteful reason (because that's how I choose to look at it) I did not make it, I won't let it deter me.  I will run that Godforsaken race if it's the last thing I do!  As God as my witness!  (I tend to channel Scarlett O'Hara when I'm feeling dramatic.  Right now Tara's Theme is playing in the back of my head as I pump my fist in the air)

Moving on.  The St. George Marathon registration opens April 1.  This is also a lottery, but my chances of getting in are much greater than the aforementioned dumb (uh huh) race.  I actually am excited about running this race.  I camped in Salt Lake City while driving across country with a girlfriend after college and it is one of the most beautiful (and cleanest) places on the planet.  The scenery is magnificent and the course is seriously downhill.  You lose 2,500 feet in altitude from start to finish.  This isn't as easy as it sounds because pounding down hills can shred your quadricep muscles.  But, I'm always game for a challenge.

Giddyup!


15 comments:

  1. I've noticed that you've been punctuationally swearing a lot lately. You might be experiencing TRSD (Tata related stress disorder). You might not get a million people cheering for you on your birthday this year, but you'll probably have plenty of pronghorns, mule deer and big horned sheep supporting you from the sidelines in St. George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what "Tata" Related Stress Disorder is referring to. What the f*#k does this mean?

      Delete
    2. I'll take mule deer and sheep over mountain lions and rattle snakes any day.

      Delete
  2. You still sound angry.

    I'm curious to see how long it takes to figure out Tata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm f*#king elated.

      The only "tata" I'm aware of has to do with the female anatomy. I'm pretty sure you're not talking about this.

      Delete
  3. Seriously Aimee. Let me give you a hint. It's no longer called the "ING NYC Marathon". :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It f*#king took you long enough.

      Anonymous: thank you for helping SIOR. It will be useful if you can explain my comments to her from time to time.

      Delete
    2. I thought she was making a joke "ING" like "fuckING".

      Delete
    3. Once again, I'm amazed by the way your mind works.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous is Freighbor - can't seem to get a moniker to show up and too lazy to figure it out. I can’t believe you still didn’t get it at that point, but I have to say your interpretation is beyond hilarious.

      Delete
    5. I knew it was you, Freighbor. Not too many "Anonymous" posters call me by my first name :)

      Delete
  4. F*&#k NYC Marathon. If they don't want you they don't deserve it! Let s just go do the Angkor Marathon (and we can build a house with habitat in Vietnam on the way there)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also http://www.psych2go.net/people-swear-lot-tend-honest-loyal-upfront-friends/

    ReplyDelete