Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Run Is In the Air

This past Sunday I was supposed to run 12 miles, but it ended up being 8.22.  I slept in and by the time I got ready to go, I could sense some irritation from Pete.  Now that my marathon cycle is over, I think he is not thrilled that I'm aiming to keep my mileage up.  Actually, I'm not even sure if he's aware of my aim.  I do know that if I'm going to be out for more than an hour and I don't get it done while everyone's still in bed, the resentment vibes are loud and clear.

This morning I did 5 miles before the little ones needed to get up for school.  It was a cool 45 degrees.  I incorporated 5 x 100m strides.

Marathon season is in full swing.  This past weekend was the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC.  A friend was able to PR in it.  Nice job, Leah!  Then the two Tova(h)s will be running a little marathon in the city this upcoming Sunday.  So exciting!  I will be watching, as we do every year, either in Queens or the Bronx.  I love getting out there to support the runners.  The kids have fun high fiving as many people as they can.  The weather has been great the past couple of years for spectating.  The forecast for Sunday is partly sunny and 53 degrees.  Perfect day for a run.




1 comment:

  1. I understand the pressure of getting in runs that don't interfere with family time. It was an issue during my half marathon training last year when I'd go to Bethpage on Saturday mornings and not get back until 10:00 AM.

    Your NYC marathon tradition sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could join you this year. It's so good that the kids are into it too. They will go crazy when they finally see you on the course.

    I have a few friends running on Sunday, one of whom is over from London and is running NYC for the first time. I'm going to try to catch some of the TV coverage, although they do a poor job of showing anything but the lead group of runners.

    ReplyDelete